Saturday, October 6, 2012

Assignment 1

Part 1



I find this photo in my friend’s Facebook. This photo was taken in summer of 2010 by a cell phone. And that cell phone was equipped a 5megapixel sight camera. .


When I first saw this photo, it is definitely dark, both horizontal plane and vertical plane are not in a good balance. My plan is adjust the brightness and contrast, rotate this photo in a good balance and adjust some details at last.




This is the photo after I adjusted the brightness and contrast. My friend took this photo near a lake in summer 2 years ago. I think that this photo should be bright like this. 









After I rotated it in a good balance both horizontal plane and vertical plane, I found there was some empty area in all edges. So, I decided that I have to cut it in a correct size.






Now, it looks much better than the original photo. It’s cleaner, brighter, and harmonious. In addition, it’s seem like my old plan was accomplished. In order to make this photograph has more art elements, I determined to some special functions such as filters or styles on this picture.




This is the effect after one-time “smart drawing”, three-times “sharpen”, and one-time “colourful glow”. In my opinion, this is a good photography with art elements after my edit.









Part 2
I think that I took this photo when I just came to Canada which was 3 years ago, at the same season as now. The location is near Spadina Ave and QQW.



 At first, I consider that I don’t want to see those two guys sit behind the commercial board which shows at the right side of the photo. Although only you have to see the photo very carefully than you can find them, I still think this could be blemish on this photo. I use blur function to cover this blemish very carefully, so that I cannot see the people and prevent damaging the place that nearby.




I am very happy that those two guys just disappeared. Then, my plan is adjust the vertical plane, because those maple trees are rightward slightly as we can see. 









After adjusted and cut, I want to make the maple leaves look redder; I try some different filters and functions. Finally, I figure out the best process that I like. Use “apply abao colour” on this photo, and use “classic LOMO” and “Old Style” respectively.

This is the photo after my edit. I think that this photo make me remember some feeling of my childhood. If a photo was taken by a film camera 20 years ago, it should be seem like in this way.



If my dear classmates have any ideas or suggestions, please tell me. I would like to try edit my photo in different ways.
Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment